So, you’re wondering how to create a good website? Let’s discuss a few major talking points, but first, why is it important? A website is often the first point of contact that a business has with a potential customer. A professional, well-designed website can make a good first impression and encourage users to stay and learn more about the business. A well-designed website can help to establish a business or organisation as a credible and professional entity. On the other hand, a poorly designed website can damage a company’s credibility and turn potential customers away. Additionally, your site can provide access to information and resources, such as FAQs, customer support, and online shopping, which can improve a customer’s overall experience and make it easier for them to do business with you.
Struggling to build a website yourself? We’ve built hundreds of bespoke websites that perform for our clients, view our portfolio and case studies here. If you need advice from a team of experts, contact us and we’d be happy to assist.
So, What Makes a Website Good?
There are several characteristics that can make a website good. Here are just a few:
- Clear and effective navigation: A website should be easy to navigate and should allow users to find the information they are looking for quickly and easily.
- Good design: A website should have a clean, modern design that is visually appealing and easy on the eyes.
- Fast loading times: A website should load quickly, as users are likely to become frustrated and leave a site that takes too long to load.
- Responsive design: A website should be designed to work well on a variety of devices, including desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- Accessibility: A website should be accessible to users with disabilities, such as those who are blind or have low vision.
- Relevant and useful content: A website should provide users with information that is relevant and useful to them.
- Search engine optimisation: A website should be optimised for search engines so that it can be easily found by users through search. Learn more about SEO here.
- Security: A website should take appropriate measures to protect the security and privacy of its users.
Build Your Website For The Right Audience.
It is important to build a website with the right audience in mind. This involves understanding who the website is being built for and what they are looking for. You need to identify your target audience – who are you trying to reach with your website? Consider factors such as age, location, interests, and needs. What are your target audience’s goals when they visit your website? Are they looking for information, to make a purchase, or to sign up for a newsletter? Understanding their goals will help you design a website that meets their needs. Research your target audience to gather more information about their preferences and behaviours.
There’s always room for improvement! You can use tools such as surveys, focus groups, and online analytics to gather data. Once your website is live, test it with your target audience and gather feedback. Use this feedback to make any necessary refinements to ensure that your website is meeting the needs of your audience.
Choose The Right Platform.
We’ve talked in depth about all the most popular website development platforms out there. Which one is right for you can depend on your level of knowledge and skill. For example, if you have no prior coding knowledge, certain platforms might be better for you. You can read our blog about which platform is right for you here.
Get Us To Do It For You.
It can be overwhelming to build a website yourself, there is so much to consider and so many things that can go wrong. If you have plenty of time on your hands and enjoy learning this could be for you – if not, we’re here to help. We’ve been around for the last 13 years and have definitely learnt a thing or two about building websites. Our dedicated team of website experts have built hundreds of bespoke websites that perform for our clients, view our portfolio and case studies here.
If you need advice from a team of experts, contact us and we’d be happy to assist.